WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD is an ASU course taught by professor Adam Collis which gives students a broad overview of the entertainment industry by examining the “product life cycle” of filmed entertainment entertainment products and by learning from a-list filmmakers and executives working in today's competitive industry. Class is based at the ASU California Center in Santa Monica, CA. Additionally, students from ASU’s Tempe campus join via video conference.
CURRENT STUDENTS can enroll in the Tempe class by signing up for course FMP-494 in the ASU Course Catalog!
Recent industry guests include:
- Michael Burns, Vice Chairman Lionsgate and ASU alum!
- Hutch Parker, Producer, Logan, Wolverine, X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Larry Franco, Producer, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Hulk
- Scott Paskoff, President, Cedar Shore Productions
- David Stump, VFX Supervisor/ VFX Director of Photography, American Gods, X-Men, X-Men 2, Blade, Batman & Robin
- Hamilton Sterling, Sound Effects Editor, Logan, The Dark Knight, The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Andrea Wertheim, Associate Producer, Post-Production Supervisor, Justice League, Man of Steel, Watchmen
- Jason Constantine, President, Acquisitions & Co-Productions, Lionsgate, Kick Ass
- Andrew Fogelson, fmr President, Polygram Entertainment; President of Worldwide Marketing, United Artists, Columbia and Warner Bros
- Erik Feig, Co-President, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group
- Jen Hollingsworth, EVP, Strategy, LionsgateOperations & Business Development
- John Fu, SVP LionsgateWorldwide Theatrical Marketing