Welcome to Hollywood
CURRENT ASU STUDENTS may enroll in the Tempe class by signing up for course FMP-411 in the ASU Course Catalog (Official title is Film Spark Engagement 3: Welcome to Hollywood).
WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD is an ASU course that gives students a broad overview of the entertainment industry by examining the “product life cycle” of filmed entertainment entertainment products and by learning from a-list filmmakers and executives working in today's competitive industry. Class is based in Santa Monica, CA. Additionally, students from ASU’s Tempe campus join via video conference.
Past industry guests include:
- Michael Burns, Vice Chairman Lionsgate and ASU alum!
- Nina Jacobson, Producer, Crazy Rich Asians
- Larry Franco, Producer, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Hulk
- Scott Paskoff, President, Cedar Shore Productions
- David Stump, VFX Supervisor/ VFX Director of Photography, American Gods, X-Men, X-Men 2, Blade, Batman & Robin
- Hamilton Sterling, Sound Effects Editor, Logan, The Dark Knight, The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Andrea Wertheim, Associate Producer, Post-Production Supervisor, Justice League, Man of Steel, Watchmen
- Jason Constantine, President, Acquisitions & Co-Productions, Lionsgate, Kick Ass
- Andrew Fogelson, fmr President, Polygram Entertainment; President of Worldwide Marketing, United Artists, Columbia and Warner Bros
- Erik Feig, Co-President, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group
- Jen Hollingsworth, EVP, Strategy, LionsgateOperations & Business Development
- John Fu, SVP LionsgateWorldwide Theatrical Marketing
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.